I found a hat pattern online that had two things I've been wanting to try......cables and a brim. I finally decided that it was something I could accomplish and began knitting away. Overall I am super pleased with my cables, not as pleased with the brim. It's not that I really think I failed at the brim, but the yarn failed me! Boy that didn't sound conceited at all! The yarn was an alpaca, which is on one hand a beautiful yarn but on the other hand like knitting with slimy spaghetti. It is just so darn slippery and therefore the brim on this hat came out alot floppier than I would like it to be.
Also, from the pictures, you will notice that I am NO LONGER IN THEM! Yippee! No more getting ready and making myself look pretty just to take a new knitted item picture. Or worse, no more looking like hell and not giving a damn and taking a new knitted item picture. Sorry for those by the way! I am in the process of getting my Etsy site up to sell stuff on and I knew that I did not want to be the subject of every photo. So I got a mannequin head off of Ebay to display my hats. It works great, but I find the eye area a little scary so I opted for putting some sunglasses on it. I'm thinking about painting it up, but then it might look a little drag queen. For now, she's all white!