Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sugar Cookies



My Grandpa Keith was an amazing cook and I was lucky enough to get his books of recipes. Last weekend I had the SCM over for a little craft night and decided to make his sugar cookie recipe. They were a sure hit, so I thought I would share it with all of you! Enjoy!






1/2 C butter
1/2 C shortening
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
sugar for rolling

Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanila, mix well. In mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with a drinking glass. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Now go try not to eat all three dozen that it will approximately make!

3 comments:

Peptogirl said...

YAY! Did you post this for me?

Melissa said...

Yummy.....can't wait to try this!

Rain said...

Evil I tell you! ....Pure EVIL!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails