Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

For the first time ever I participated in Black Friday. Wendy and I decided that we had never done it before and both had a desire to go to Kohl's. We didn't have that big mapped out shop to shop trip plan, just Kohl's.....which opened at 4am! Here is what we looked like at 4am:Darn that Wendy had to go and put makeup on. I myself threw on a hat and that was about the extent of it! When we got to Kohl's there was a line outside.
The line actually went to the right quite a ways too, but we were not concerned. After the doors opened at 4 and we trampled a couple elderly getting inside we scored some really good deals! No, we didn't trample any elderly and I feel really angry at those that can't settle themselves down when going for a Black Friday shopping trip. All in all it was a fun experience and I'll probably never do it again. I did get some good deals though! I think it's called Black Friday cause it sure is dark out when you go shopping at 4am!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I too went to Kohl's on Black Friday, but I wasn't waking up at 4 am to go shopping. I got up at 6am and hit several stores, with Kohl's being my last stop at 9am. I stood in line for 1 hour and was home by 10am, but the deals were worth it!

johnna said...

I am so incredibly jealous! Black Friday is possibly my favorite day of the year!

Sadly, I had to explain to my nephews why they don't have Black Friday in Germany. Jeez! What are they teaching kids in school these days?!? Do Americans really think that the entire world celebrates Thanksgiving?!?

Sorry for the rant... I'm just grumpy because I didn't get to go shopping.. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails