Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sew cute!

A while back I picked up this old belt at a garage sale. The belt fit around my thigh so I knew it wouldn't work, but it had a great buckle that I was certain I could do something with. A while after that I discovered these wrist cuffs online made out of old neck ties. My mom bought me a neck tie and I've been hanging onto it until I figured out the sewing machine. Yesterday I got the brilliant idea to take the neck tie and the belt buckle and turn it into a new and improved belt!

How awesome is that?! I'm super happy with how it came out and even more proud that I figured out how to sew button holes.

5 comments:

Carol Browne said...

Oh sweet! That little owl is very cute. What a great idea! And a great way to re-use a tie.

Rain said...

That is sooo cute! I love the owl!

Sarah said...

That's adorable and I love the tie!

Peptogirl said...

Cute! That belt buckle is awesome!!!

jen said...

oh that is too cute! love it!

Happy NaBlo... Look forward to "getting to know ya!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails