Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
During the day on Friday we noticed that the oven woudl randomly give off a beep. It sounded like someone was pushing on the buttons. It would come and go and was never too bad on Friday. That is until Friday night. At around 2am the oven started beeping constantly. It would range from sounding like buttons pushing to sounding like an alarm. Bill and I slept upstairs and got NO sleep. Saturday the beeping continued, though not as bad as it did through the night. It became a mission to see who could get the oven to stop. Unfortunately no one was successful. Saturday night I was lucky enough to have some earplugs because I was determined to not have to listen to the oven. When I woke up Sunday morning and took the earplugs out I discovered the the oven had been beeping like an alarm ALL night. No one slept and everyone was on the verge of kicking the oven in. Needless to say what seemed like an early check out (10am) turned out to be the first sign of quiet freedom.
Overall, it was a fun weekend. Though, I've never come home from a cabin weekend and wished for peace and quiet! If you'd like to feel part of the weekend, please watch the following video. You must turn your volume up max and watch it over and over though to get the real feel!
Friday, February 22, 2008
The whole place is ours! This will be our view from that big ass patio....
Ahhhhhh...soo beautiful. This weekend was actually being called the "Stacey's Return to the Walking World Weekend Extravaganza." Apparently it's going to have to change to "Stacey is Still on the Damn Cruches, But We're Going Anyway Weekend Extravaganza." It's a little scary considering I still need sticks to get around and there is a bunch of snow right now and a big storm coming in this weekend, but let's be honest....I'm just moving from the sofa in my house to the sofa in a cabin. The catch is there will be a bunch of buddies to keep me company throughout the day. Checkback on Sunday for good stories since I'm sure there will be one, and it isn't going to be about me getting injured in any way this time!!!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
"Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times!"
Here's my Top Ten
1) LJC - I have to put this one at the front because it's the first blog I ever started looking at. I was super impressed by her creativity in soo many different areas. I even hired her once to do a graphic for my cake business...which unfortunately never quite got off the ground. http://www.ljcfyi.com/
2) Fussy - Eden is fucking hilarious! I'm sorry to cuss, but this blog can get me laughing so hard that I wet my pants. Great stories about her day to day life (definitely read giving birth in her bathroom) and you can't beat the bulldog pictures! She's also the creator of Nablopomo and should get HUGE props for that!
3) Carol Browne - Another blog that I like to read for the humor and the pictures. The Daily Advent Event is enough to keep me coming back year after year.
4) Posie Gets Cozy - This has to be one of the prettiest blogs. Between the AMAZING pictures that she takes of the everyday items that she makes...it's enough to make you say wow. Just he color schemes make me happy!
5) Not Martha - Great links to great things, great crafts, great recipes! Nuff said.
6) Kate - She's under a year old and already has a blog and a boyfriend named Will.
7) Crazy Aunt Purl - She's a knitter that loves cats and is hilarious to read. Plus she shares good knitting patterns.
8) Pioneer Woman Cooks - This one is ALLLL about the recipes! They are in such detailed step by step descriptions that there is no way to make them wrong. Well, unless maybe you don't like to cook.
9) Mighty Girl - She's mighty and she finds the goods. She's also really damn funny!
10) Superficial - This one is all about trasy Hollywood gossip written with such poise that it creates an abundance of laughter. When you want to get your trash on I highly recommend it!
There you have it! There are many others that I read, but these are by far my favorites. Some post everyday, but most post frequently enough to keep me coming back for more. Thanks to all of you. You have provided great entertainment and information over the years!!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Bill and I couldn't have made it without you!!
See, most of you don't know that just a few days after Mom got her Bill got the flu. Not just the oh I feel sick to my stomach flu, but the I have a temp of over 102 and have to stay in bed for 3 days flu. Without Mom here, he and I would have been a complete wreck.
I have proof of that based on what happened immediately after Mom left. She had a 6am flight so I we had to take her to the airport by 5am. Wearily we pulled back into our house around 5:30am only to realize that we were locked out of the house. I am a big fan of locking doors and unfortunately Bill had grabbed my set of keys which don't have a house key on it. I know that sounds weird, but I don't drive so I don't carry the car keys...just the house key. That early in the morning it's hard to do much to get in the house and then I got a brilliant idea. My girlfriend Wendy has a key to our house and she works at Starbucks so we headed to her work to see if she had a key. I went inside to ask for her, and apparently I thought she worked at a different Starbucks because there was no Wendy there! Here I was in green daisy print pj's, slippers, a bright red sweatshirt and a green beanie limping in on crutches asking for Wendy. I'm sure the guys in there got a good laugh. Needless to say, we drove back home. Bill was determined to find a way in and ended up going through the attic and dropping into the house in my closet. Nice! Well, if you ignore the fact that I know have insulation all over my clothes it's nice. Oh well, we're in the house and will just have to learn to live on our own again! Wish us luck!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Please forgive me for this AWFUL picture of myself. First off, I hate taking pictures of myself. This one is even worse because I look like I'm sitting in a hospital! That's my bedroom by the way, but the bedding was being washed so everything looks white, and I look like I have a blue gown on. So sad! When I can walk I am painting that bedroom so it's has more pizzaz.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Friday, February 08, 2008
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
This is the one where we posed like we were under a mosquito net....oh and we wanted to make out!