I measure the seat and then cut my fabric to size, sewing up the length to give it a crease and attached elastic to attach it around the headrests. I have to say that I'm sooo happy with how this came out...especially considering my limited sewing ability. Now Whisky can ride in the backseat in style and comfort!
Sunday, March 08, 2009
Free from hair!
We've been having some problems in the truck lately with all the hair and dirt that Whisky gets all over the seat. We tried buying some car seat covers but they didn't work out because our back seat in the truck doesn't lean forward. Then we tried the old sheet trick, but one trip with the window rolled down and the sheet would fall off. I decided to take matters into my own hands and make one. I knew that I wanted to use some type of fleece because if you own any fleece and any animals you will know that hair LOOOOVES to stick to fleece. On a trip to IKEA today I found a fleece blanket that would work perfect and was way cheaper than buying fabric at the store.
Posted by Stacey at 2:56 PM