Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A girl walks into E/R....


Now, haven't we heard this one before? Last night I fell, of course while I was home alone. I banged up the arm and the shoulder on a table, but the main concern was the knee. Imagine that! I twisted it and then landed on it and then almost fainted on the floor. I then spent the next 30 minutes deciding if I needed to go get it looked out. I ran through the checks: I could walk, I could put weight on it, but I had quite a bit of pain trying to stand up and just a dull ache overall. So, I took myself to the E/R.

What the F is up with people in the E/R? Is it the new dive hangout? Is it where people are now holding their family reunions? How many people does one really need to take with them to the E/R to feel comfortable? First off, the place was packed to the gills with people that did need treatment. Then there were all of those that were there because I guess they just felt like hanging out in a waiting room for a couple hours. You should have seen the look on the face of the nurse when I told her I didn't have anyone there with me to help push the wheelchair down the hall! I was definitely the lone man standing, or sitting for that matter.

To sum the knee up, who knows. The xrays are clean thank heavens. The Dr. recommended that I head back to the ortho and get an MRI because I could have torn anything. I can assure you that is NOT going to happen. For now I'm going to just deal with it and see how it feels in a couple weeks. It may just be scar tissue that got tore up. What it comes down to is even if something is torn no one will go near it with a 10 foot pole at this point without causing me to never walk again. This is my life in regards to the knee. It's frustrating and it's kind of sad. Maybe they also have an ace bandage they can wrap around my heart.

7 comments:

johnna said...

Oh, man... you poor thing! Don't leave it to chance, though: get yourself checked out before things go seriously wrong.

Hope you're doing better soon!

Peptogirl said...

I'm there with you on the crazy people in ER! When we went to see my grandma, there were two young girls dressed only in sweatshirts and silk panties - that later got kicked out! Hope there isn't a next time but feel free to call me if your hubby is out of town. It's not like I have to be anywhere early... I hope your knee is okay. *hugs*

goody-goody said...

Oh no! First the toe, and now the knee? I hope it feels better soon!

Cori said...

feel better soon!

Melissa said...

That sucks!!
I sure hope that your knee feels better soon.
Man, talk about a run of bad luck!

Rain said...

Oh Stacey! I hope you have a speedy recovery! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sarah said...

That SUX! You are totally due for years of perfect health. Any day now.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails