Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just the way I like it....

I decided when I got the fancy camera that I was going to need a great camera bag/purse to carry it in. I wanted something that I could use as a day to day purse, but it would hold the camera body and maybe a lense or two. I looked online and to my dismay everything was ugly. Sorry, just being honest. Actually, not all of them were really ugly but they encompassed two categories: backpack or messenger bag. I didn't want either. So, I did the next best thing....I commissioned my mom to make me one. The beauty of this is I get to pick out fabric and constantly am throwing other custom things at her. Oh, can we put a hook in it to hold the keys? Oh, do you think you can make a camera strap that matches? Oh, can we make the camera pouches removable so I don't always have to carry the camera? (that as actually mom's idea though!)

Now the purse is in the works and the fabric is picked out. That was probably the funnest part because there is some CUTE fabric out there. I went with this for the body of the bag:

And this for the inside:
It looks adorable already and we're just looking at pictures of fabric! Now, I just need to replace the fancy camera and we're set. It's been a never ending battle, but hopefully it's all over now and a fancy camera that works will show up any time now. Hopefully....


2 comments:

Sprout said...

Super cute! Can't wait to see it!

Little Brown Box said...

Awesome awesome fabric! I too can't wait to see how the bag turns out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails