Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oh Buttons!

Almost a year ago I went to a b-day party for our friend Erick's son Luca. While there I chatted with Erick's mom Nancy about what I was doing to keep myself occupied since I was still off work at the time. I started telling her about my knitting and jewelry and Bouton Blue. She asked where I got my buttons, which at the time I was getting primarily from antique stores and Ebay. She then told me that she has a trunk FULL of her Grandmother's buttons. Apparently her Grandmother had an antique store in her house and she was very fond of buttons. She would sew them all on cards and keep them in a trunk and now Nancy had the trunk. She said she would get some buttons out for me and bring them next time she was in town for a visit. Holy bejezzus, I got the buttons yesterday. They are AMAZING! One button is over 3 inches in size! I would never have found buttons this cool on my own and can't believe how generous Nancy was to give these to me. These pictures do them no justice, but the items that I make with them definitely will!

4 comments:

johnna said...

Can I have dibs on the one with the brown one with the turquoise(?) key?!?

Melissa said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky woman!!
Wow....I love buttons too!
I don't really have any, but I love to just look at them...am I crazy??
LOL.....probably not, but seems like it at times.

Sarah said...

How special!!! They are really beautiful!

Little Brown Box said...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails