Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I gotta say it was a good day!

Yesterday I woke up in the morning thinking it was going to be a day like every other. I got myself together, got myself to work and flipped on the computer. That's when I saw it....an email that said "You won!" Jaymi of Little Brown Box was the first to let me know that I won a contest on the RVA party yesterday. Not only did I win a prize, but in my opinion I won a grand prize which was a pass to be part of Elsie's online class. That is so exciting and I'm sure it is going to get my creative juices flowing. I'm going to pace the floor waiting to get the log in!

Then, to be honest, the day got a little boring. I kept waiting for more excitement, but it didn't seem to be coming. I decided to go to the thrift store at lunch instead of eating outside since it was a tad chilly. I had strict rules though......no spending more than $10! Well, I got through the whole store minus one row and had nothing in hand which is pretty rare. That's when I made it to the last row, the furniture row, and saw this.....for $9! Can you believe it? It is in excellent shape and doesn't even need to be repainted. The top of the desk is formica and the inside and body is pink while the legs are green! Such a score. Man, thrift stores are fun!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, which one did you hit this time??

Sarah said...

Does it have a school name on it? Sure looks like my desk from 2nd grade at Kingswood Elementary....Does it have a scratched in heart with the initals, SJ loves CH? haha

windhula said...

I'll say that's a score! $9.00??? What a giveaway. You lucky chic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails