Thursday, June 04, 2009

Oh Etsy......

Obviously if you haven't noticed, I really love Etsy. I love selling on there, but I also love buying on there. I used it a TON last Christmas and a couple times since buying prints for the bedroom wall. Recently I tried something new on Etsy and I'm in love already. Etsy has this option called Alchemy. It works for both buyers and sellers. Basically, you can go to the Alchemy and make a request for something you have been looking for and how much you'd be willing to spend for it. Then, sellers on Etsy get to bid to make the item if it's something they are capable of. I've gone on there a few times as a seller looking for people requesting knitted items but so far I haven't completed a request. When I started watching "US of Tara" I noticed that when Toni Collette was Tara she always had this necklace on and I loved it. It was a simple necklace of circles and a delicate chain. I looked all over online for it, figuring it would be way out of my price range, and had no luck. It was then that I thought I'd check out Alchemy. I posted this pic of the necklace and immediately got a ton of responses. I went with Soms Studio Supplies who provided the best sample pictures and communication. I'm happy to say that I received the necklace and it is gorgeous! It's exactly what I wanted and I think I'll be wearing it all the time. So, next time you see something on tv or in a magazine...just keep the picture and sent it to someone on Etsy. Support Handmade!!

2 comments:

kaytea said...

That is beautiful! I also LOVE that show.

Som's Studio said...

Thank you so much for blogging about the necklace I made for you. :)
*hugs*
Som

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails