Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another gem!

I also went to a thrift store this weekend just to round out my recycled shopping. It wasn't a hugely successful trip and I found myself picking items up and then abandoning them as I was walking towards the door. Yep, I'm one of THOSE people.

Then I found an item that I kind of fell in love with. The whole time I was carrying it to the register I was asking myself, was I really going to do this? Where the heck was I going to put this? Is this one of those things that I'm going to regret later because it is ugly? I decided it was worth the risk and handed over $5. Now that it is in my house I am happy to say I love it! It's a small quilt/throw made entirely out of vintage polyester fabric. How ugly and fantastic is that?! I threw it on the spare bed and totally love the pop of color. So for now, I am happy with my polyester find!

5 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

oh TRES CUTE!
worth 5 bucks, yes indeedy....

Melissa said...

Man, I wish you would have called me, I would have loved to go with ya!!
Very cute find!
I got some cute 70's pleather plaques that I can't wait to show u.
Woot!! Love me some garage sales!

amy said...

omg--my grandmother has its twin.

Rain said...

It definitely is a gem! My sister's godmother made me a baby doll quilt similar to that when I was five. I just loved it! I still have it in storage at my parent's house!

Sarah said...

Not ugly at ALL. LOVE it. Very jealous!! And the pillow goes superbly with it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails