Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let's Workout!

Teaching water aerobics classes has really been fantastic. My classes have built up in numbers and each night I can count on my regulars to be there. In a recent class the ladies asked if there was water yoga. I told them there was and that I would look into adding some more moves to our workout. So, I headed to the library and picked up every book on water yoga/pilates. Books like this are very hit or miss. They are either really good or really bad. Typically not many are just middle of the road. It has ALOT to do with the illustrations. There are pictures that baffle you and you are left more confused after looking at it than you were when you started. Let's have a gander, shall we?First, it is important to bring one's dinosaur to class. He will teach you to stand nice and tall, keeping all important joints in a straight line. Oh, and make sure he one of the tall ones...ideally over your height of 6'.Next, um...I guess it's important to have 2 and a half arms so one can always be dangling down in the water. Oh, and please completely shave your body and get everything as round as possible. Seriously? You are publishing a book and you figure the best way to show technique is to show me the moves using a wooden figure model and a bunch of wiggly lines?!It's also important to talk about the equipment you will need. Goggles. Goggles that will remain on your forehead through the entire workout. I mean we wouldn't know we were working out in the water if we didn't have goggles on. Plus, goggles make us happy! If we wear them on our heads we will smile gleefully through the entire workout. Don't believe me on the tie between goggles and happiness?Just look at the stern look on that guys face! Serious because he seriously forgot his goggles at home. Forget your goggles too much and things can take a terrible turn.
You will resort to drowning yourself at home in a bowl full of water. Happy water aerobics and yoga everybody!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

These are hilarious! I wish I had a pet dinosaur. Makes you wonder why some of the books ended up in the Library...

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails