Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This little piggy went to market....

This big piggy came to California! As a writer of a blog and a lover of others blogs I find myself finding new blogs all the time. I don't even know where I find them most of the time! Sometimes I get bored and read comments and look at those blogs, sometimes someone mentions a blog, sometimes it's Bossy's featured blogger. There are many places to find a new blog to check out. For me reading blogs is like reading the morning paper, only it's filled with items that interest me!

A while back I started reading the Gary Rith Pottery Blog. I love pottery and have always wanted to take some classes so I was absolutely smitten by the fun pottery that he makes. Whenever I put on craft fairs I always try to find people that make pottery to come and sell and it's amazing what a lack of pottery makers there are, at least in this neck of the woods. Around the same time I started reading this blog I also started to have ideas about a piece that I would like.

If you've read the blog for awhile you will know that a while back I started keeping change. I try to never use change and just put it all in a jar. I separate the pennies out though and keep them in a ceramic pig. The pig is something I got from my mom. For as far back as I can remember this pig has been in the kitchen and when my mom moved to Florida I wanted to put the pig in my kitchen. Now the pig is FULL of pennies and I thought it would be nice to have a big pig, but I wanted it to be similar in style. Most importantly I wanted it to have a cork snout. I love the cork snout.

So, I sat in the background of Gary's blog for a while and didn't make a peep. I was waiting for the perfect time I guess to ask him if he would want to make a big pig bank. Then, as fate would have it, he did a blog post with a piggy bank! It looked like the one I had in the kitchen and that was all it took. I emailed right away that I'd love to have a pig just like this only bigger! Lucky for me Gary is just as nice in emails as he comes across in his blog posts and was happy to make something for me.

Yesterday he posted the above pic of the pig on his blog and I cannot tell you the happy dance I did at my desk! It's going in the mail soon and will make its way to California where it will live a happy full life....filled with lots of pennies!

Thanks so much Gary! For all you pottery lovers out there..you must check out his blog and Etsy shop...fantastic. Don't be surprised my friends if you get some pottery for Christmas as I plan on shopping all handmade again this year.

2 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!
My blog, of course, is mostly baloney with the occaisional pottery thrown in....
:)

Carol Browne said...

PEEGS! I love them! You are very lucky!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails