Thursday, July 16, 2009

To dream...

I've had a dream that one day I would open my very own shop. I've had this dream for about 9 years now always tucked away in the back of my brain. It's something I can daydream and fantasize about. I want it to be a place that you would come and lounge around, so instantly you have to throw some coffee shop aspect in there. The other part is I really want to serve super delicious cakes by the slice and....peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I imagined that I would have a big chalkboard wall where I would write the menu. There were be all sorts of options for your PB&J. I'd have a contest where customers could submit sandwiches and if they win they get free meals for the month that their sandwich is featured. I would have an assortment of cozy seating and diner seating. I also want a book shelf that would be a give and take. You could bring in old books and put them on the shelf and take a book with you to read. Of course, the shop would also have some crafting aspect. Classes, events, local crafters items for sale. My shop would be called P & B's Js.

Yesterday Design Sponge did a feature on a place in New York called Moomah. The moment I saw the pictures it was as if someone took my idea and put it to paper. It is absolutely magical and dreamy. I want to buy a plane ticket for New York right now and go spend time there so I can feel like I'm sitting in the middle of my dream...well, minus the PB&J sandwiches. Even their website is magical.

4 comments:

melissa kaye said...

Your dream is wonderful, Stacey! I hope it comes true one day. I'll go visit you ;-)

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

Sign ME up too!

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Me too Stace. Minus the peanut butter and jelly only be default. I love the cafes that have local artwork and books to read and comfy chairs. Always makes me want to go back.

Kara said...

oh man, i want too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails