Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A pillow for Abby.

My girlfriend Kerri just started going to school to be a massage therapist. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? "Friend is a massage therapist." I just love the way that rolls of the tongue.

Anyway, going to school for Kerri was a big deal because she also works and has a daughter that she isn't going to get to tuck in at night. Kerri and Abby like to give each other notes so Kerri thought it would be perfect to have a pillow with a pocket for Abby that she could leave a note in for when she goes to bed. For a personal touch, she thought it would be cool if it used some fabric from one of her nightgowns.

So, Kerri went to the fabric store and picked out some complimentary fabric and brought it all over to me so I could assemble a pillow. This is my very first pillow (which you might be able to tell!) I hope that Abby likes it!

3 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

OH! What a FANTASTIC and friendly pillow :)

Pink Petunia Designs said...

It turned out so cute. I love making pillows! Working on some felt monogrammed ones as well as some Halloween ones now. Keep up the sewing girl!

Sarah said...

Oooooh!!!! What a fabulous idea! I love that so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails