Thursday, October 22, 2009

12 Weeks!

It's official...I've hit the 12 week mark! What does this mean? I'm not totally sure. I'm moving into my second trimester, I'm a 1/3 through the pregnancy and the baby is about this big right now.Where's the mint and rum?? I kid, I kid. There is something about hitting 12 weeks though that makes you feel better. You're through the "scary" stage. That's not to say I feel a ton better yet, but that's mostly the cold talking. The past two weeks have been tough, obviously if you've read some of my last posts. Sorry I was such a downer! I'm very very happy about one thing though. See one other thing that was going on was I had this awful sour and bitter taste in my mouth almost all the time. It made eating difficult because it always got worse after food. Turns out...acid reflux. Two days of Zantac and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thought I would give you some answers to some common questions that I have been getting already. First, we aren't going to find out what we are having. Seriously, it has to be one of the best surprises and I wouldn't miss it for the world. We don't get too many good surprises in life.

So then there is the second question, what kind of kid do I want it to be. The obvious thing that has to be said is healthy. It's like you feel like if you don't say you want it to be healthy you will somehow be jinxed. That said, I want a boy. I've always wanted boys. I once heard someone tell David Letterman that he was lucky to have a boy because then you only have to worry about one penis and with a girl you have to worry about them all. Ain't that the truth?!

The annoying question, will we have more. Seriously?! Why do people ask this? I'm certain that if you ask any woman in her first trimester that has even a hint of morning sickness she will tell you no way. Right now, I'm cool with one. On the other hand, let's let this one come out before we jump to any decisions on how many more will join the party.

Names? Nothing picked out yet. Some stuff written down over the years that has to be gone over. I'm having more fun coming up with the ridiculous names right now. I mean, my last name is Ball. You can have fun with that. I'm leaning towards Havena (pronounced haaveeena) Ball. I mean look at the spelling though. How can you not be the life of a party when your name looks like Have'n A Ball!!!

So, let's have a little contest. Give me the best "Ball" name you can come up with. I'll pick the winner based on creativity and hilarity. If there are lots of good ones it will be a random draw. Winner will receive a hand-knit custom beanie to keep them warm this winter! You have till Sunday at noon to enter, can't wait to read your entries!!

Oh, you can also leave your entry on a Facebook comment if you prefer..I know I get lots of peeps that leave me comments that way.

3 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

Batten Ball!
I'll be thinking.
BTW, had such a happy dinner with your 3 paintings, I just love them so :)

Ruth said...

congrats on the 12 wks!! and i totally agree with the penis thing. i was told the same too :)

New Dawn Alison said...

First Ping
Middle Pong

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails