Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Strange Brew

The beer brewing has continued and we are now waiting on our third and fourth batch. Batch number one was decent and got better the longer it sat in the bottle. Batch two, well let's just say you have to fail sometimes. Terrible! While I didn't taste it the smell alone made me give it the name Molasses Madness.

I wanted to do something different for batch three. With the holidays upon us I thought it would be the perfect time to do some hard apple cider. We actually found a ridiculously easy recipe for a applewein and decided to go for it. We headed up to apple hill for some fresh juice and now we're just waiting for it to finish doing its thing. This stuff takes a bit longer, so will be ready to bottle at the beginning of November and we can crack some open at Thanksgiving. Although, it will get better the longer it sits in the bottles. I'm excited for this one, seeing how I can drink now and all!

Batch four we went back to beer and so far it looks like it might have a super high alcohol content! That could spell trouble!

3 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

OH! Wow!

Carol Browne said...

After watching Mad Men, I feel it necessary to point out this is not good for the baby. :-)

That show is crazy - back in the 60's when hugely pregnant women smoked and drank. LOLS.

But in real life. Not funny.

I'm sorry I'm even typing this now. UGH!

Jackie-Nick said...

Oh yay! Sean and I did that same thing this last weekend. Maybe we can bottle swap?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails