Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Years Ago....

Today a girl was just a couple hours into her honeymoon in Cabo and got clobbered by a wave. I'm pretty certain it looked something like this..
Needless to say, that wave left her with some injuries that at some points felt like they would never heal. It would be another 166 days before she was able to take any steps without crutches, and months more to actually be able to walk, months more to actually be able to walk without a limp.

Looking back, knowing all I went through to get to the non-limping able to walk person I am now puts things into perspective. That was by far one of the most challenging and painful times of my life and makes all this pregnancy and sickness seem like a tiny little drop in a bucket. If I made it through that I can make it through anything. I am so thankful for what I have now because two years ago today, I could have seriously drowned or never walked again.

5 comments:

Roseanne said...

I'm glad you can walk and didn't drown too! I'm also so happy for both you and Bill. Can't wait to see Baby Ball!

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

omigosh, nearly killed on your honeymoon and then half a year to recover??????

Stacey B said...

Yep, it's a long crazy story Gary. It is all documented on the blog though so if you are ever bored with nothing to do :o) ha!

Carol Browne said...

Awww! Not feeling good? Poor thing. Also, getting clobbered by a wave is pretty crazy, too. Take good care. Rest up! Maybe for the next 6 months or so? :-)

Jackie-Nick said...

I can't believe it's been two years already. I am happy that you are walking (normally). The best part is that now your knees are healthy enough to chase after your little one ;0) It was a great experience for me to be able to work with you for most of the healing process. I still think of you when I get a knee patient.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails