Thursday, November 05, 2009

14 Weeks!!


Today I am officially 14 weeks and entering the second trimester, the baby is the size of a lemon. Wooohooo! If you can believe it, and I can convince myself that I won't be jinxed, I'm feeling better. Yesterday the feel good started and today it is continuing. I still get a bit of acid reflux, sour taste in my mouth but have found that gum is the answer. I love gum. Actually, I'm not much of a gum chewer so it's hard to get used to..I think I look like a cow.

I was going to start posting a belly pic, but when trying to take one last night I realized that it's going to be a while before that happens. I'm a big girl already so honestly what might look like showing it more than likely just the bump that has ALWAYS been there. Thus is the curse of the big girl! What I can tell you is that when I sit, the fold that used to kind of be there is no longer there...it's just one pouch. Also when I lay on my stomach it feels weird. I still do it, but it feels like I'm laying on a wad of blankets.

That said, there is a mommy blog that I liked to read called The818. She posted great pics and had a fantastic chart she would fill out and I decided I'm going to include that with my weekly update posts. So, here we go..

How far along? 14 Weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: I've lost about 17lbs at this point.
Stretch marks? I've always had one on my lower stomach, it's kind of pink now...bring on the vitamin E oil.
Sleep: With the craziest dreams EVER.
Best moment this week: Eating a hamburger and not throwing it up.
Movement: Does gas count?
Food cravings: Still afraid to go too crazy, always want Mexican food but that's no change.
Gender: You'll know when it comes out.
Labor Signs: Way to early for that.
Belly Button in or out? Seriously my belly button is like a cave, you could go spelunking in there. If it ever pops out I will be SERIOUSLY surprised.
What I miss: Having dessert, can't eat anything sweet.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move.
Weekly Wisdom: Keep the "What to Expect When Expecting" reading to a minimum...that shit leaves you expecting the worst.
Milestones: I made it to the second trimester and heard the babies heartbeat!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad you're feeling better overall. I like the references to various objects, like the lemon.

Angel said...

Oh honey, Mari makes fun of me because she says her finger disappears in my belly button and it popped like the turkey thermometer when she was ready! ... So don't be surprised if it happens to you. I think the weirdest part was when it was totally flat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails