Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hey Hey Hey

Knitting can be both highly rewarding and highly sucky. It's a very fun craft, but boy when you put serious time into something and it comes out wrong it can make you want to stab someone with knitting needles. I've made it a goal to have a DIY Christmas this year. I did the same thing last year and made about 1/3 of my gifts and bought most of the others handmade. This year over 50% of my gifts are going to be made by myself and what I can't make I will buy handmade!

I have a nephew that loves skulls, and I don't think he reads the blog (Jason if you are reading this...go away now.) I really wanted to try something new and knit him a hat with skulls on it. I found a pattern and in one day knocked out this...

It came out wonderful! I was so excited and so proud of myself for doing something new and learning that it wasn't really hard. Then I started looking at the hat and realized that there was NO WAY this was going to fit Jason. In fact, I think I just knit my kids first hat because it is definitely baby size.

Not wanting to waste any time I found another skull hat pattern and got to work. This one was taking FOREVER and the whole time I was making it I knew that it wasn't right. I knew that it was much too big. Last night, realizing that I still had about 5 inches left to knit I decided to quit fooling myself and quit wasting time.Seriously, horrible pattern. The skull looks cool, but last time I checked people don't want to wear hats to their lips. Well, unless you are a character in Fat Albert.

I guess it's back to the drawing board.

6 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Hahahahahahahaha.....love the second picture and the reference to Fat Albert! :0)

Natalie Jane said...

I want one!!!! Very cool. I could never do that.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

omigosh, STACEY!

Moomby said...

hee hee! that's an adorable post! i'm sure you nephew will love whatever you do!

Serena from Style on a String said...

The second pic was the best.

Maybe you could do a skull scarf to match?

Style on a String

Pink Petunia Designs said...

I love them both. The too big one maybe could be used for a toaster cozy or some type of cozy. I love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails