Thursday, February 04, 2010

27 Weeks


Well, we're chugging right along. I'm feeling pretty good right now and have to say that since about week 16 I am enjoying being pregnant. There are aches, there are pains, there are weird things happening...but it's all very interesting and fun. The baby is now the size of a cauliflower, about 14 inches long (although I'm going to guess this one is longer) and weighs roughly 2 pounds.

How far along: 27 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Details to come.

Stretch marks: Same ones. I am starting to get the linea nigra below my belly button. There is no big explanation for why this line happens other than of course hormones. It's really faint on me, but for some it gets really dark and goes along the whole belly.

Sleep: I got a new body pillow. Just a standard shaped one with a really soft cover and things are looking up. I wake up at 1am and 3am to pee. Sometimes more, never less. Overall sleeping better though.

Movement: Getting better. Everyday there is activity, but it still doesn't happen at the same times so I don't feel like the baby has a routine. There is a funny thing with the movement, you know from the beginning that you are having a baby. Then it really starts to move and to be honest it is wonderful and freaky at the same time. I mean..there is something alive in there! Also, this baby does not like to move for the hubby. It will kick like crazy and as soon as I put his hand on my belly it stops. Maybe this means he'll be the one to sooth the baby when it's fussy?

Food cravings: Nothing still. I do like to drink lemonade and milk...not together though! Ewww. I still crave sweets more than usual, or different kinds like chocolate instead of gummies.

Frustrations: That I think I am getting a cold....again!

What I miss: The ability to put together thoughts. Sometimes things are just short circuiting up there.

Weekly Wisdom: Always check the direction of your underwear. I can't tell you how many times I've put it on inside out and have almost put it on backwards. Maternity panties are bigger in the front, and typically underwear is bigger in the back so it takes some getting used to. The inside out is just another example of the brain miss-firing.

Milestones: I passed my glucose test!!

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Le baby is getting HUGE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails