Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One question....


Being pregnant I have come to realize a funny thing. There is one question that as a woman can either make you glow brightly or make you want to maul someone with your bare hands. That question....."When are you due?"

Ok, it doesn't have to be worded exactly like that but I think you get where I'm going here. As a plus size woman I have one time been asked that question when it wasn't good timing. Actually, I think the person just patted my belly and said "So, you have news?" Oh my god I was devastated. I had never been made so insecure in just one simple statement. What made it even worse was I was rocking a new outfit and felt SOOO good that day.

While I'm plus, I have never thought I looked pregnant. I'm not a belly plus, just a general larger all over plus. Especially now that I'm pregnant I definitely know what pregnant looks like on me now. It took forever though for someone to say something to me though. I kept wondering, "Do people just think I'm fat?" Now I get asked a couple times a week and I love it. I don't know what it is about it, but all it takes is a complete stranger to ask "When are you due?" and I want to give them a hug and let them feel the baby. I know not all pregnant women are like this, but I enjoy any belly touch I get and will relish it until it becomes taboo again.

3 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

Man, I hate that when people ask you when you are due. I still have a baby bump 2+ years after Abby-Sue and people are still rude enough to ask me when the next baby is due. Brush it off, I guess. lol.

xox Agnes

amy said...

The one that trumps, "when are you do?" Is, "have you had that baby yet?"

Pretty Crafty Thang said...

Dang, once in high school, chubby highschool Jaymi, was standing in front of my dad wearing a tight t-shirt. He said "Wow, are you pregnant?". As a 15 year old hormonal wreck, that single comment me stuck with me for weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails