Thursday, March 25, 2010

34 Weeks!


And what a whirlwind week it has been! The baby is roughly 4.5 lbs, closest to a cantaloupe. Just like that we are officially in the melon category. Only 6 weeks left and only 3 weeks until I am considered full term! While my due date is May 6th, my bets are on April. Maybe the 27th and the baby will share a bday with his Grandma...although I think she wants to be called Mimi. It is really starting to hit me that at any moment we could have a baby. It is both a frightening and lovely thought all at the same time.

How far along: 34 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 11lbs! Not too shabby.

Stretch marks: I'm giving you a front shot of the belly this time. You can't even tell where the few stretch marks are and as you can see I still have a belly button. It's not a crater like it used to be, but still there. You will also notice that the hourglass shape could now be described more as "Snowman."

Sleep: I have to say it's been good the past few days. Only waking up to pee, not in much discomfort. Apparently though the snoring has kicked into high gear!

Movement: The movement is very apparent now although it is less kicking and more stretching. When the baby starts moving you can just sit and watch my stomach ripple and wave. It's a crazy site and I find myself more fascinated by that than by actually feeling it with my hand.

Food cravings: Not really this week. My coworker Judy brought in a breakfast burrito yesterday which she kindly shared with me. I would like another soon, but I think that has more to do with how delicious it was. I seriously feel hungry all the time though.

Frustrations: My recent pedicure. I was having a really tough day last week and decided to get a pedi to try and relax. There is a place by work that I hadn't been to so I went there. I'm so serious when I tell you that 4 of the women that worked there just kept saying "You are sooo HUGE!" or "You must be having twins!" Even the other customers in there were disgusted and giving me looks like "You poor thing." This is when the not so nice Stacey wants to kill someone. I kept my composure but inside I am having images of drowning these woman in the pedi tubs. I mean seriously, I'm 5'10" and not a small woman by any means so when I go in there on a good non pregnant day it's already like walking into munchkin land. Next time I'll show them how "HUGE" I am when I push my growing size 10 foot into their face.

What I miss: Not feeling hungry all the time.

Weekly Wisdom: Stick to at home pedicures. I'm sure I can teach the hubby how to paint toe nails right?

Milestones: THE ROOM! I can't tell you how happy I am to have so much done. The hubby is working on items this weekend and I have a couple crafts up my sleeve so it should be wrapping up in no time!

Thought I'd give you a couple more belly shots. I see a difference, just a more rounded fuller looking stomach. Just for kicks I thought I'd throw in a front shot too since you haven't seen that angle. My waist is gone! I have developed a slight Linea Nigra below my belly button, which you can barely see in this photo. This would be the darker line that for some women can run from under the breast and all the way down the belly and varies in shade. Mine is light but I have to say...I kind of like it!

1 comment:

Rain said...

Dude I saw you on Saturday, you are not huge! You look beautiful & radiant! Eff the munchkin people!!! (this is coming from a vertically challenged person! lol!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails