Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Something odd....

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment and was finally able to take a couple pictures to share with you. For my regular doctor and my prenatal care I go to a Family Practice Residency Program. I'm a BIG fan of residents. They are young, they are excited and they are not jaded by the industry quite yet. The longest you could have a particular one is three years, but so far every person I have seen is lovely. When they asked if I wanted to be seen there through my pregnancy instead of an OB I was all for it.
It is a family practice office so they basically see people from birth to death. This means the waiting room has its share of adult and child entertainment. There are always great magazines and a nice book swap shelf for the adults. For the kids there is a little play room....and let me tell you the kids love it. I think it's great, but also find something a bit odd about the mural paintings that are on the outside wall of the playroom. Let's take a look...At first glance we have a girl in a blue dress. Then you notice that she doesn't have any arms. Then you might notice that she is on a box, slumped over and appears to be standing in a corner. Also, she doesn't look too happy! Don't find this one odd enough? Ok, let's pair her with the next shot.First you might notice that this boy is crying. Then you notice that he is holding a box with X's...which can sometimes be taken as a sign of death. Then you notice the frog legs dangling out of the box and my heavens, if you aren't disturbed yet then I'm not sure we see eye to eye when child friendly happy art is concerned!

4 comments:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

Those are definitely disturbing!

Carol Browne said...

EEP! Make it stop!

Poor frog. :-(

Som's Studio said...

Maybe they did not pay the artist...

Sarah said...

That's seriously fucked up. You HAVE to ask the Dr what the hell is going on. I could see them never even having looked at the mural. Maybe they'd like to know......it's very creepy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails