Thursday, April 29, 2010

39 Weeks!

And just like that, we've hit the mother of all melons....the watermelon! At 39 weeks the baby is estimated a bit over 7lbs and the size of a watermelon. Let's talk about that though. I got my ultrasound results from over a week ago and the baby is measuring roughly 8.5lbs. This can be off by up a pound or down a pound. Add that to the fact that the baby puts on about a half a pound a week and if I hit 40 weeks I could end up with a baby that is almost 11 pounds. Where did my watermelon baby go??? What this all means is that they don't want me to go far beyond my due date....like not past 41 weeks. Let us all pray for a lonnnnng baby that comes in the next 7 days.

How far along: 39 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Up two pounds in one week! This has been my biggest weight gain. I don't even feel like I'm eating any different, but maybe the almost full can of Pringles that I had yesterday is the true sign. So, I'm up to 16lbs....still not bothered by that at all.

Stretch marks: Nope, but man is my belly itchy!!!!!! There are places that the skin feels numb too, it's just so weird.

Sleep: It sucks. I don't think it's going to get any better at this point. It's really just a series of naps and it would be great if I could get a couple of those during the day as well.

Movement: The baby moved a TON yesterday. I had one area of my stomach that was literally bruised on the inside and it hurt to cough or laugh at times. I tried lying down when I got home and couldn't because apparently tumbling class had just started.

Food cravings: It's hard to eat too much at one time right now, well aside from an almost can of Pringles I guess. If I eat too much it becomes very difficult to breath.

Frustrations: I really want the baby to just come on its own. I hope that it doesn't keep baking and getting bigger in there leading an induction. I'll roll with the punches though! My goal is to end up with a baby so whatever we need to do to get there I'm fine with...within reason of course.

What I miss: My brain. I feel like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz last night. For example. I had the oven preheating for a good 15 minutes. When it was time to put the food in...I turned off the heat on the oven instead of setting the timer. So, the food sat in the oven for 20 minutes and it wasn't even on.

Weekly Wisdom: Get thee to a pool.

Milestones: Right now I really feel like my biggest milestone is that I am still coming into work. Tomorrow I will move my office home and I can't tell you how wonderful that sounds right now.

1 comment:

Som's Studio said...

Hang in there honey!! You are almost there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails