Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I met Bossy!

Last night was the Bossy (no book) Tour here in Sacramento and I got my chance to say hello! This was actually my first time meeting a blogger that I have followed for some time face to face and I have to say I was not disappointed. The worst part of the night was that I never took out my camera, so in Bossy style I have learned that the next best thing to do is draw a picture. Our meeting went something like this.
Notice how I wasn't kind and tried to show you my feet right now in actual proportion!

I figure at this point I have "known" Bossy for over 2 years. This is what I learned last night after truly meeting her.

1. She is gorgeous and all the talk she gives of her crazy frizzy hair is insane...it's beautiful.

2. She makes you feel comfortable. I never felt awkward once about being there with a bunch of strangers. Especially being with a stranger that I feel like I actually know!

3. She cares about her blog readers. I have to say one of the things that has always impressed me about Bossy is she writes back. I know that it has to be hard with the amount of comment and emails that come through. She was the first big name blogger to ever write a comment on my blog and she still comments periodically today. I've emailed her painting advice and she's emailed right away. Now, even though she's on a HUGE road trip...she wants me to send her an email to let her know when I have my baby. I can't tell you how touching that is.

All in all what I ended up leaving with is the wonderful feeling of knowing that what she portrays she is online is exactly what you get in person. Thanks Bossy for taking the time to visit with all of us. It was an honor getting to know you in person!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better!!!!! No, really, I couldn't have said it better.

Bossy is everything I hoped for and more. Plus, I think she is more attractive in person.

I loved being with all you ladies

gramps

foolery said...

I third the motion!

Stacey, it was great to meet you last night. You are a real trouper to come out in the evening when you probably felt like having a warm bath and an early bedtime.

Gramps sent me his photos and I will be posting them on Flickr or something and giving you all the address.

Hope you continue to feel okay, and let us ALL know when the baby comes.

Fondly,

Laurie @ Foolery

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails