Sunday, April 18, 2010

Water Aerobics Time!


Seriously, how could I post about water aerobics and not use my favorite picture of all time! I decided to teach again this summer as crazy as that sounds! After getting the OK from the doctor I started my first class today and will teach on Sundays until the baby comes, then will go back to the pool two days a week when it opens full time in June. I figure it's my "me" time and a chance to get the body back in gear. I knew that teaching at 37+ weeks pregnant was a bit crazy, but what was driving me to do it the most was the thought of being in water. To me it just seemed like it would make everything better. I was not wrong! Every ache, pain and discomfort that I feel on dry land completely evaporated the minute my body was submerged. I didn't feel heavy, puffy, my wrists and hips didn't hurt...I felt normal. While I couldn't do all the moves for the class, I could move around quite well in there. There is one drawback. I forgot what it was like to feel that good and now that I've had a taste of it....I feel worse! With each step I took getting out of the pool the realization hit me just how uncomfortable I am right now. If there was an option to just sit in that pool and come out when it's time for labor I would do it in a heartbeat. I think I might get a little pruney though!

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH WOW! Well, I am trying to remember when and who I bet for...oh well. You'll tell me after I win :)

Linnie or LuLu said...

I always knew you were a fish out of water...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails