Tuesday, August 31, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 9

Something You Are Proud Of In The Last Few Days

I love to knit hats. I especially love to knit hats for babies and kids. I started knitting a baby blanket for Leyton before he was born but had horrible pregnancy brain and couldn't keep count in the pattern so I gave up. Then my pregnancy carpal tunnel started and I thought I would never knit again. The wrists have been feeling better and with some cool days I was in the mood to knit!

My girlfriend Kate's baby Getty is a little Owl. She has those big eyes and just a cute little owlie face. I started looking for owl hats and found a great one on Ravelry. In just a few days the hat is complete and seriously be careful because the cuteness might give you a slight heart attack! What is also very cute is the dog snout to the right..if there is a blanket on the ground, Whisky is there.

I can't wait to see what it looks like on Getty and will get a picture and post it on here later today. For not knitting in a while I'm proud of my work. It's so much fun to do these theme hats. If anyone out there finds a hat they want made, hit me up...I'm definitely available for requests!

3 comments:

Roseanne said...

The hat is adorable! Great job. You're going to have to make another for Leyton.

Melissa B. said...

Super Cute!
Love Whisky's nose in the picture!

Rain said...

Very cute indeed! Great work Stacey!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails