Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Blanket

Leyton started sleeping, when he's not swaddled that is, with a blanket in his arms. He basically looked like Linus with his little blue blankie. The main reason for the blanket was it gave him something to hold onto so he wouldn't claw at his face or swing his arms wildly. Recently Leyton has taken the blanket to a whole new level.He loves to cover his face with it and go to sleep. If I move it, 5 minutes later it is right back where it started. With all the frightening stuff you read about SIDS and every warning about NO BLANKETS it makes me have a little heart attack. I'm starting to relax though and letting him just chill there with his blanket covered head. I just usually pop it away a bit to give a little breathing room!

5 comments:

Amanda @ My Everyday said...

I cannot tell you how many babies do that! I think it has to do with not being able to sleep in the bright light. So even though it is kinda scary, its really very common!

Roya Rose said...

My daughter would ONLY sleep with a blankey covering her ears and eyes like a blindfold. I quickly got over any worries about her safety...
She was much less safe having a mother that never got any sleep.

Angel said...

Yeah they and them are most always trying to scare the general public about something. If he likes the blanket there then I'm sure he'll be just fine ;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh, little LINUS!

katie jean said...

my oldest used to love to do that too! and I would always do the exact same thing!! sneek into his room and pull the blanket back. It must make them feel extra cozy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails