Monday, October 25, 2010

What's girl to do??!!

I've been cutting my hair short since about 1994. I've had brief stints where it is at my shoulder, but typically the chin is where it is at. It's also been every color under the rainbow. I decided to grow it out and now it is just that....out. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love it long and I hate it long. I love that it feels very womanly if that is even a word, I love that I can wear it up, I actually want it longer. On the other hand, I hate that it is long, I hate that I always wear it up, I hate that I still lose a small animal every time I wash it, I hate it's drab color.

So what's a girl to do?

Do I keep growing it?

Do I cut it?

Do I color it....and if so, lighter? I don't think I want to go darker because the bald spots will show.

Do I cut and color it?

All I know if is if I don't do something soon it's going to end up like this every day until it is down to my ass. Chime in please, I need some help here. I'd love some male advice too so if there are any boys that will admit to reading this, please help a sister out.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I loved your hair when it was down at Good Day! I think you should go lighter, you have great skin color for lighter hair and maybe layers would help? Maybe layers that frame your face? :)

Debbie said...

I have the same dilemma. I was long for years, and then one day I just couldn't take it any longer and chopped it all off. Now I'm back to shoulder, and I can't decide, shorter, or let it grow. I think short hair suits you better, and maybe red, or a tint there of. :-)

Wendy G said...

Let's go red and take it to your shoulders! Kind of a shaggy bob. Please :)

tami said...

I think you should fix it like you wore it the day of my wedding.... Loved it and I love you. No matter how you wear your hair you are beautiful... Hugs

Linnie or LuLu said...

I always liked your hair lighter...highlighted. Even liked it when I did it for you when you were in Boston & it was like a calico cat. I agree on some layering & a slight trim, then you can go shorter later if that doesn't do it

Rain said...

I think you should try for just past your shoulders.
I've been faced with this problem as well... I finally decided to keep it long til my friend's wedding on Halloween so that I can rock my costume with rockin' hair, then I'm cutting it to my shoulders!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails