Friday, November 12, 2010

Jumping Madness



Let me start by saying that obviously from the above video, Leyton loves his jumper. While he figured out how to jump in it a while ago, only recently did he truly start going crazy whenever I put him in. For me it's both joyful and a fright. Seriously, the first thing that comes to mind when he gets going crazy....shaken baby syndrome. I just imagine visits to the E/R while I am explaining to CPS that he did this to himself in the jumper.

So, a couple days ago I put Leyton in the jumper and figured I'd have just enough time to unload the dishwasher and get him some clean bottles. From the kitchen in our very small house I can hear him jumping away. I was just about done putting all the items away when I realized it was quiet. I was expecting Leyton to scream at any moment because if there is one thing about my son it is that HE WILL TELL YOU WHEN HE IS FINISHED WITH SOMETHING. I finished with the dishes and it was still quiet. Now, I should go ahead and tell you that the seat on this thing spins so he's not always facing in the same direction as when I put him in.

There I go out of the kitchen into the living room only to see the back of my son's head flung backwards, his arms out to his sides completely limp and his legs dangling below completely limp. It was then that I knew he had broken his neck. I ran to him like a freaking gazelle, in tears by the time I got to him and quickly scooped him up only to have him WAKE UP and look at me like, "What the hell is wrong with you woman? I was totally taking a great nap there!"

Welcome to motherhood.

2 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

you totally had me in tears, heart racing reading this as soon as i read "broken neck"....

and then my tears turned into a nervous laugh by the end of your post. glad he's ok and enjoying his jumper so much.

btw - i tried the leggings and love them! i had a brain fart moment while making them which i posted about but i wanted to thank you for the diy tip! :)

Duffy said...

I love the Jazz that that jumper plays! I must get it! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails