Friday, November 26, 2010

Thrity Find

I've always wanted a vintage plastic Santa to put on the front porch for Christmas. I look for one whenever I am at the thrift store but never have much luck. Either they are too scary, too faded or just plain ugly. While I didn't have any luck I did have luck finding a Snowman!! He was $9.99 and when I tested him in the store...he didn't work. I knew this might just be the bulb so I took my chances and took him home. I put a new bulb in him...still didn't work! My mom then realized that the plug had a fuse and the hubby verified that the fuse was burnt off. So, after three trips to three different stores I had a fuse in hand and voila!Working Snowman! Right now he is in the corner inside our house but once we put our Christmas lights up he will proudly sit on the front porch. He looks small in this picture, but he's just over 3 feet tall...not a bad deal!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Awesome find! I've been on the hunt for a wreath without any luck, but I do seem to find other things like cute sweaters and purses.

katie jean said...

I love him!! You should lock him down tight at night :)

Carol Browne said...

Cute. I love him! Jackpot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails