Sunday, December 05, 2010

Daydreams

I used to daydream before I had Leyton about having a little boy. I'm not sure why that is, but I think it's something I've always known. I had no doubts in my mind when I was pregnant that it wasn't a boy....it just had to be. I think the only moment that I had doubts was when I knew the baby was out and they were going to tell me!

I absolutely love every moment of my little man. Now, don't get me wrong...I know I would be just as happy with a little girl. For now though, the little boy is perfect. It's like always wanting a pony and one day you wake up and there is a pony with a bow on it just waiting for you. Only, it's even better because eventually we all outgrow our pony and I know I will never outgrow my son.

It's so much fun to play with Leyton now because he interacts and I can tell when he wants me to do something again. He loves to be flung backwards so he is upside down. If he wants me to do it again he rolls his eyes up into his head. He loves when we play "don't drop the baby." That sounds like such a terrible name! Basically I just barely release him and then grab tight so he has the feeling he is falling and for some odd reason he cracks up when I say "Don't drop the baby!"

The best moments though are the snuggles. When he is really tired and just puts his head on my chest and I know that with a little swaying and a little singing he will be fast asleep. We have our song too. When I first heard this song I knew even more that I wanted a boy and I wanted to sing him this song. It's so cliche, but at the same time so very perfect. The first time I heard it after Leyton was born I cried my eyes out because I knew at that moment that all my dreams came true.

Whether you love them our hate them...if you can make it through the first bit of this video you will listen to the song that will always pull at my heart strings and make me think of the wonderful times with my little man.

1 comment:

Joanna Goddard said...

this post is so sweet :) "pony with a bow on it"...aw, i love that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails