Saturday, April 23, 2011

Addiction

I have an addiction, it is one I have had before. I thought I had kicked it, but it's back. I'm addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper. Almost a year before I got pregnant I gave up soda. Just decided to stop cold turkey and I did just that. Then I got pregnant and did have the occasional orange soda or root beer because they tasted better than they ever had. Thing was it was one can every couple weeks. See, I don't have a problem with the can soda.

Then when I started back to work, and was very tired, and the local gas station had the 89 cent 44oz'rs....it came back. My old friend the fountain soda. To me, it's my coffee. It's cold, it's bubbly and it wakes me up. I rationalize it by saying it's diet. I still drink a ton of water, but recently I have started to feel like shit. If I don't have the soda I get a headache, if I do have the soda but have too much I get a different headache.

So, as of yesterday I decided enough is enough. I was really sick yesterday so that definitely helped curb the desire! I know there will be days that are hard, but here's to at least a year of no soda. If anything it will save me about $325 a year!

1 comment:

JaymiPop said...

I don't drink coffee either and since the baby well, Mountain Dew is my drink of choice. I need it! All the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails