I've been struggling with how to write this post. Maybe it's because I feel slightly zapped, maybe it's because I'm on such an emotional overload that I can't stop crying at the simplest thing. I thought about just writing, "Hey people, check out www.the818.com because I couldn't have said it better myself." As someone who does like to write though, that just seems like plagiarizing. That only seems like it's allowed on Twitter when you re-tweet or Facebook when you share. It's not meant for blogs.
So, here I go.
You people are AMAZING! When I was told that the person that wrote my favorite song of all time was going to turn more of his songs into a tribute album for my friend's daughter and sing it with his wife I thought....wow. I mean that was all I could think at that moment. On the other hand, the other part of me thought...well, let's wait and see. Cause see, I don't like being disappointed. In order to do that, I try to keep my expectations low. It sounded wonderful in theory, and I was hopeful beyond hope, but I needed to see it to believe it. Oh boy do I believe it now!!!
What I also believe is that things happen for a reason. It's not just chance. If something seems like a coincidence pay attention! To me, those coincidences mean something but sometimes it is hard to convey that without sounding like a freak in a sort of "we were meant to be together" kind of way.
Here is what I do know.
1. Kate and I went to school together from 7th to 12th grade and were acquaintances more than friends.
2. We worked together for a year after high school and became good "work friends." We then lost touch.
3. Kate and I got back in touch some 14 years later when we randomly ran into each other. Granted we lived RIGHT BY EACHOTHER for quite some time but never saw each other before then.
4. Kate and I got pregnant about two months apart and became pregnant buddies.
5. Leyton and Getty started dating.
6. Getty was diagnosed with SMA and because I liked planning events I thought I'd go ahead and throw some in order to raise money for her family.
7. I decide to do a blog series out of desperation and lack of creativity called 30 Days of Me and one day I'm asked what my favorite song is, I write "I Will Keep the Bad Things From You." This being a song that I ALSO had just put on an album of lullabies that I made for Getty after her diagnosis.
*one sec peeps while I pull myself together here. Flood gate 2011 has just begun.
8. Maybe one month later Morgan from the818.com writes that she had dinner with Alex Dezen, the writer of said favorite song. I have a fit of rage where I want to beat her up for knowing someone so epic and then compose myself and leave her a little comment on her blog, something to the effect of "what a quinky-dink."
9. Morgan too realizes this is more than just a quinky dink because there is an album of lullabies that is in the works and needs a home.
10. On April 6th, Sweet Water Child - Lullabies for Getty releases. It hits #7 on iTunes Children's Charts.It's an amazing story, better than any after school special I have ever seen. Know what makes it even better? You. This album would be nothing if it weren't for the people out there that decided to talk about it and post about it and tweet about it and facebook about it. It was the most wonderful example of how the technology of today is worth every single penny. It was the most wonderful example that there are really good people out there. I'm almost afraid to make this list of people to thank because I just know I am going to forget someone. If I do, please let me know and know that I'm just a tired mommy who is on a roller coaster ride of emotion and did my best to keep up on everything that was happening yesterday.
So, thank you: Maegan, Mandy, Kenny, Jessica Gottlieb, Andrea, Rebecca, Alex, Crissy, Jill, Anissa, Eileen, Emily, BlogHer, Ohdeedoh, Cool Mom Picks, Stephanie, Jessica, Holly, Rici, Emily and Missy. It was your support that took us to #7!
Thank you to Honey Agency for just making everything look so damn good!
Thank you to Angela and Alex Dezen who will forever be know as Auntie Ang and Uncle Alex. You will always write my favorite songs.
To Morgan, for also believing that some things are just meant to happen.
Finally to the Storms. Thank you so much for letting me into your lives. Thank you for letting me help your family. It has made me a much better person and I will never see life the same way again. I love you.