Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thrifty Adventures!

Let me start by saying, sorry for being a little absent this past week on the site. First there was the pink eye and then it was shortly followed by a cold with a fever, that I'm now dealing with myself. I sure would like a healthy house for a while, free of colds and breaks!

Back to the good stuff, it's Thrifty Adventures! The bad news, the Etsy store is not up and running yet due to above mentioned items. The good news, I still managed a good thrifty find.

I have an old drawer for news print letters hanging on my wall, this was actually a thrifty find while I was in Texas and I brought it home with me. It is FULL of thrifty finds I have picked up along the way.There are old spoons, bottles, figurines, tackle and much more. What I want to focus on though is my find this week, and what you see on the bottom left row.A set of 7 Babuska dolls! These are actually ornaments. I found them at my local Deseret Industries and I will admit, it was $8 for the set...a bit more than I would have liked to spend. Thing is they are in EXCELLENT condition and were in the cutest vintage box. There were three sets total, all different and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to try to go back tomorrow to pick up the rest.

Do you ever find things that are a bit more than you want to spend, but you get them anyway? Linky up and show you find and be sure to check out Katie Jean to see what she found this week.

3 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

hope you feel better soon!

ladychiara said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Your babushka dolls are gorgeous. Occasionally I will pay more than I would have liked for an item.I love your drawer, how fabulous it looks with your assorted treasures displayed inside! Have a lovely Easter :)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Just seen this old post - caught my eye because I just posted about a printers tray I found. Those Russian doll ornaments are very sweet, I have one I hang on my tree (although mine was one a keyring). Turned my printers tray into a display case for my earrings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails