Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The final weekend find!!

There was something that I knew I was buying before I showed up at GETty Crafty. Something that had been on my mind since the last GETty Crafty occurred. For the most part, I do consider myself an impulse buyer. I've tried to be better at this and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. The thing is, I'm not a "big spender" impulse buyer...it's the little things that get me.

There have been times in my life when I have seen something that I REALLY wanted. For the reason of price, I have walked away. Unfortunately, those are usually one of a kind items. Things I can't go back for later. Things that haunt me. I can still remember a sweater that I found in San Francisco when I was in JUNIOR HIGH that I didn't get and/or my mom didn't get and we both still talk about how that sweater should have been purchased.

Last year I was blown away by a vendor that was new to the craft show scene. She came all the way from the Bay Area and her name is Bottle of Clouds. When I saw her booth it was AMAZING. She was nailing it on so many levels. Her merchandise was out of this world, her marketing pieces even better. I took one look at her booth and knew that she could really make it in the crafting world if she put her stuff out there more. Not only that but Min is just about the nicest person you could ever meet.

I bought a couple things at her booth last year, but it was the one thing I didn't buy that haunted me. She had a purse that I fell in love with at first site. It was priced higher than I spend on purses and so while I looked at it and was in love I knew I wouldn't buy it. The reason for its high price...it was made by her Mom. Hand made that is. Not in the sense that we would think where her mom thought up the design and brought out her sewing machine to hand make the purse. This purse was hand made in the LITERAL sense of hand. No machine was used, it was all sewn by hand.

I regretted not buying that purse to my core. I knew the MOMENT that Bottle of Clouds signed up for the show that I would buy that purse if she still had it. I even sent her an email asking if it was still available and much to my excitement the answer was, "Yes!" I arrived at the fair almost giddy because I knew I would be reunited with that bag and this time I would be taking it home.

On the way to the ATM I stopped at Min's booth to see if she remembered to bring the bag. She said yes, brought it out and then told me she was sorry she didn't wrap it. I told her no biggie, that I would just carry it! I didn't need a bag for my bag. Only what I didn't get at the time was Min was GIVING me this purse. Her mom wanted me to have it and would accept no money for it. People, I welled up right there on the spot. It was one of the most monumental gifts I have ever been given in my life. It quite simply shook me to my core.Since the day of the show I have been carrying this purse and it is perfect on every level. It has just the right amount of pockets inside, it is the perfect size, it fits on my shoulder wonderfully. I dare say it is the perfect purse. I will carry it for my lifetime and have no desire for another bag.

Thank you Min and thank you to your Mom, whose name I don't even know. This bag means the world to me. You are both amazingly talented women!!!

Please visit Bottle of Clouds by clicking here. I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Bottle of CLouds said...

Wow~! Just Wow!!
Thank you so much for the posting and wonderful words~!I really am greatful that you like the bag!
You made me a huge smile~ :-)
I'll show this post to my Mom later today~!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails