Thursday, June 16, 2011

More important!!!!

As you all know the Getty Owl Foundation is an important part of my life and I try to do everything in my power to help all organizations that are fighting Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Right now Sophia's Cure is taking part in the Vivint Gives Back Project which could ultimately get them a lot of money. They currently sit 5th and we can all help them get this much needed money by voting daily. It's VERY easy to do, no fancy registrations. So please take time each day to place a vote here.

That's not all though!!! I'm going to push my luck today and ask you to place two votes. A couple years back someone new moved in down the street and within days of his arrival there was a news crew out front filming him while he biked. I guess I was being a nosey neighbor but I hit the web to try and find out what the deal was. It was then that I was "introduced" to Kyle Bryant. At 17 years old Kyle was diagnosed with a genetic neuromuscular disorder called Friedreich's Ataxia and it is slowly killing him. He was biking across the USA to raise money and attend a conference. He did this again and last year, with a team of three others, he participated in the RAAM. The internet is a weird place, this was my neighbor but in the few years he lived down the street I learned more about him online than our few front yard conversations. Here is what I will tell you though. Kyle is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. Like the Storms, he decided that he was not going to give up and has in turn accomplished so many amazing things. He is someone that can make me weep whenever I read about what he is doing. Not because I am sad for him, but because I am motivated by him and he makes me want to be a better person and live a better life.

A documentary is being made called The Ataxian and is based on Kyle and the ride.


This film needs your help though and is currently trying to win 50K in the Pepsi Refresh Project. You can go to the site daily to vote, you can text a vote daily AND if you drink Pepsi be sure to get the Power Votes codes.

Good luck Kyle and Sophia's Cure! I'm really pulling for both of you!

1 comment:

katie jean said...

love you Stacey! thanks for making us all better people.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails