Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thrifty Adventures!!!

Welcome back!! Sorry about that hiatus but with GETty Crafty things got a little sidetracked and I wanted to be sure to give vendors their due. Plus, I sure wasn't having too many opportunities to thrift but I'm ready to get back on the horse.

I did take a trip to Deseret Industries last week and was so happy with my find. Of course, I can't just tell you what it is...I have to tell you a story first. About a year ago I went to the 2nd Sunday antiques under the freeway here in Sacramen
to. It's such a fun place to visit and tons of stuff to look at, but I'll be honest when I say that most of the time I go there I am just looking. I find prices to be crazy at a good majority of the vendors. Maybe it's because I see stuff I see at thrift stores, garage sales and Craigslist for priced much higher. I do find it's a great place to get ideas of things to look for.

Back to my find!!!
I scored these four metal Sesame Street cars at Deseret and they cost me 25 cents each. When I took that first trip to the antiques under the freeway I saw the Big Bird popcorn car and wanted to take it home.....the vendor wanted $9 for it!!!! Needless to say I am happy I did because I now have 4 cars and only spent a dollar!

How about you? What did you find this week? Do you have good stories of seeing something somewhere and passing only to find it cheaper later? Link up! Be sure to pop in on Katie Jean and say hello. She might not have a Thrifty Adventure up because she is busy opening up a new shop.

See you again next week!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I hit up Eco Thrift today...love that place...got 4 name brand pants and capris for $13!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails