Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Finds Part One!

The 2nd Annual GETty Crafty took place this weekend and was filled to the brim with the most amazing vendors. Was the show perfect...no. Did I try my best.....yes. That is really all I can do. I learned so much this weekend and am confident that the next show will be even better!!!

There was a pretty steady amount of traffic, but not as much as I hoped for. With all the advertising we did on radio, two televisions spots, printed information and the wildfire that spread online I was shocked that there weren't more people. I also teach water aerobics on the weekend and learned that on Saturday the pool was empty. I'm completely certain that people just had a ton going on this weekend. School just got out, celebratory trips are taking place, graduations and other events. The other factor was those that were out weren't buying. They were just looking at vendors and enjoying the sunshine. Sadly there is nothing I can do about that other than move the event to a time when I know people are in a buying mood.....the holidays.

I try to do my part at each show and walk around checking out the vendors and buying this and that. So, I thought I would spend the next couple days featuring the items I got this weekend. If you didn't make it out to the show, maybe you can check out the shops online and pick something up!!

My first purchase of that day was from The Village Goose. Kay has an affliction for vintage letter press and makes the most lovely creations! She also has her booth set up so you can make items as well and pick them up before you leave the show. I have purchased from her many times and knew I wanted to add to my collection. Since I already have my name, which she kindly gave to me last year, I wanted to add the rest of my family. I also have an old letterpress drawer and she made the words so they fit perfectly and are hanging on my wall.Thank you Kay! It was wonderful having you at another show and I look forward to seeing you again!! Don't forget to click here to find out more about The Village Goose!

4 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Shame you didn't get more visitors, sounds like a really great event. I'd go - and buy - if I were in the right country! Onwards and upward for next time.

I'm after one of those letter-press trays, so useful for displaying teeny things.

Willie said...

Stacey
For me it was a great event. If I had been busier I would need a couple days to recover. Next time I am going to hire a couple of my students to help. Thanks again for a great day.

Stephan Willner
Willie's Woodshop

amy said...

we tried to come. honest. Asher even made a card for Getty and talked about her "party" all morning long. we got on the hwy at Richards and traffic was completely deadlocked. After the fifteen minutes it took to get to Mace I decided to head home :( Maybe the vendors would be willing to still donate to Getty if we use a promotional code?

Duffy said...

I'm sorry to hear that, really. I'm so impressed with all that you've done! I wish I lived closer also. =(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails