Monday, October 17, 2011

The Beast

This weekend was an interesting one with Leyton.  While he is always going to be the apple of my eye there are moments in which I wonder....is it too late to put him on a porch with a take care of this baby sign?  The simplest way to put it is he can be a trouble maker.  Most of the time when I tell people this it gets chalked off to "oh, he's all boy."  Since he is my only child, I don't know any different.  He's a beautiful, charming and loveable kiddo but oh can he push the limits.  Especially with mama.

Probably the cutest thing he did this weekend was sit on the dog.  Now, our dog is a weird one.  He's a lab that does not act like a lab.  He doesn't like water, he's lazy and he's very very particular about his particulars.  While not aggressive in any manner, he will grunt at you when you snuggle him too hard or just kindly get up and move.  He gets annoyed very easy.  When we had Leyton I had no idea how Whisky would react, but these too are buddies to the core.  Thus made clearer by this.



In a MILLION YEARS if you asked me would Whisky let Leyton sit on him I would tell you hell no as I laughed till I peed.  Thing is, Whisky not only lets him...but I think he likes it.  He just chills out and lets it ride.

Probably the least cute thing that Leyton did this weekend was throw his dad's cell phone in the toilet.  We got home and the bathroom door was open and the toilet seat was up.  Not moments went by before Leyton grabbed the phone off the table and RAN DIRECTLY INTO THE BATHROOM.  You know the rest of the story.  I just sit there and wonder how fast he knows he can make trouble...and then he does just that.

So here is my question to you dear blog readers.  How do you discipline a child at 17 months of age?  How do I let him know that throwing dad's cell phone in the toilet is not good?  How do I teach him not to hit?  How do I teach him not to bang things on the windows?

How....

How....

How....

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Van started putting Myles on time out in a specific chair away from everyone and everything. He had just turned one. I thought "This will never work, he is too young", but it DID work! You set the timer for 1 minute or maybe 1 and 1/2 minutes, so 90 seconds total and don't let him get up until the time is done. Then you get down on his level, tell him what he did was wrong and ask him to apologize. You can teach him the sign for "sorry". It worked for us, but each kiddo is different. We are having issues with Maddox hitting now. :0(

Krista said...

My two year old nephew likes to poop outside, I guess you just realize they will grow out of it someday. What a lil doll, the picture on the doggie is priceless!

Kaytea said...

We also have the toilet issue. But so far only her toys have made it in! We have a screaming issue. She has a blood curdling scream when she wants anything. I also have no clue how to discipline such littles. Good luck, I think we may try the time out thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails