Thursday, February 16, 2012

Super Heroes to the rescue!

Let's just be honest.  I had a child so I can have an outlet for my creativity.  Well, that's not the only reason but damn there are some cute things out there for kiddos.  I mean, have you spent 5 hours 5 minutes on Pinterest?

A couple of weeks ago I was in Target and was browsing the Valentine section when I spotted some cute little paper valentines.  I put them in the cart but when I got home I had a bad feeling in my gut.  What the hell was I doing?  I am no super mom by any stretch of the imagination but damn it I am the ridiculous mom that is going to spend a ridiculous amount of time making something fun for my 21 month old to take to his Valentines Day party because.....the kid is only 21 months old and that is just how ridiculous I am!

It was not the very next day that I spotted this post by Crossing the Bugger-Dixon Line about Super Hero and Princess Valentines and I was HOOKED.  Two Michael's trips later I had all the supplies I needed (damn those peg dolls are hard to fine.)  I had a moment where I was going to be really creative and come up with some of my own characters, but damn...I'm just not that ridiculous.

So I spent the next three days painting these.

Then I spent another day attaching them to cards and writing cute little phrases on them for all 18 kids.

Then Leyton was sick on Valentines and didn't even make it to his party.

But damn if I didn't get in the car and drive 30 minutes to drop off his Valentines anyway because that is JUST HOW RIDICULOUS I AM!

3 comments:

JaymiPop said...

They are adorable Stacey!!!

Jerri Chan said...

I'm happy to visit your blog, really hope to become your friends grundy insurance for classic cars
regards

Duffy said...

I'm floored! Very impressive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails