Sunday, March 04, 2012

Already moved....

If you know me or have read for a while then you will know that I have lived in my house for a VERY long time.  If you are new, well read this.  On April 1, we will hit our 12 year anniversary renting the same house.  If you read that previous post you will know that I don't always see eye to eye with my landlord.  To be honest and as respectful as possible she is a tad crazy.  Thing is though, I've always loved the house.  I've loved the street, the neighborhood and all the ups and downs of the house itself.  So, I've stuck around and in my opinion have been a damn good tenant.  I've made upgrades and treated it like my own house since the moment I moved in.

I've been told for YEARS to move.  To stop dealing with the craziness and find something else.  I've always wanted to stay put.  In the past year though I haven't been so happy here.  It's difficult when someone comes to visit as I have to shuffle Leyton around.  I worry about the mold that can sometimes grow in the bedrooms.  I hate the moisture that accumulates in the windows during the winter.  I don't even love the neighborhood as much as I used to.  On April 1 our rent is going up.  It's gone up bit by bit over the years but was always cheap rent for the neighborhood, now it's about the same as everyone else.

So, I started looking for a new place.  I started looking in a new area close to Leyton's daycare.  This weekend I found a place that from the outside I love.  It's 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry inside, 2 car garage, fireplace and a pool.  It's 2000 square feet, roughly double what we have now.  It's only $100 more.

In my mind I have already moved into this house that I haven't even seen the inside of.  In my mind I have given my landlord a 30 day notice.  In my mind I'm already playing with Leyton in the pool this summer.  In my mind I'm already planning our first house warming party.

Needless to say I feel like a school girl who is waiting for boy to call that she really likes.  Now I just have to wait and see if the stars are actually aligned and it will all work out.  I sure hope so because in my mind I have already moved and I don't want to go through an eviction.

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

change can be good

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails