Monday, March 12, 2012

Purge

Sometimes all it takes is to write a blog post and I immediately start reflecting.  Are things really as bad as I'm making them seem?  The answer is usually no.  At the time I am writing them they are, but that is the beauty of writing for me.  It is a way to purge.  A way to clear what is in my head and my heart.  Those things might be wonderful, those thinks might be bleak.  Once I write it though I feel so much better.

This weekend was wonderful!  The weather was perfect and Leyton was in amazing spirits.  I think I have also learned that this kiddo is very high energy.  He doesn't bounce off the walls, but if he doesn't have a way to release that energy his mood goes sour.  I think some of his mood last week was a result of having to spend another weekend low key in the house since he was sick.

This weekend we took walks.  Walks that wore me out and yet the kiddo kept going.  He took Big Wheel rides, he walked to the park, he ran around at Grandma and Grandpas.  On Sunday I literally think he only spent nap time indoors, otherwise we were all over the place.  He was happy.  I was happy.  Daddy was happy.

If I try to think back on what had me so upset on Friday I can't even remember.  All I can picture when I look back is this.


A boy and his Daddy creating a memory together.

1 comment:

Duffy said...

That is a wife/mom's dream come true! 2 boys doing housework! Woo!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails