Friday, July 13, 2012

They're baaaaaaaccccckkkk.........

Just when you thought it was safe.  When you thought you were through the woods and no one could harm you.  Just when you tucked yourself into bed ready to get that 9 hours of sleep you really think you need they come out you.  You can feel them hiding...so close but yet so far.  You can see the saliva dripping from them.  Just when you think you are safe..............

THE TWO YEAR MOLARS STRIKE

Yep, it is molar time in the House of Ball.  Perhaps this explains some of the reasons why my child has been a BEAST as of late.  I'll admit it, I thought they would be a piece of cake.  I thought, those 16 others were so hard but he'll be older.  He'll be able to help himself through it some.  He'll be able to tell me what hurts.  He had to suffer through 16 of them, he couldn't possibly have to suffer through the last 4 too right?

What the fuck was I thinking.

The child is a mess.  He's waking up at 4am, he's waking up in the middle of the night too.  He doesn't want to go to bed, he doesn't want to nap.  He has a troubled stomach and many times is running a slight fever.  In summary, an absolute JOY to be around.

When he is up all he asks for is "a Popsicle" and you know what...I GIVE IT TO HIM.  Right now we are on a steady diet of booze Popsicle.  This is also the only time he isn't fussy or crazy or being a butt head.  So bring on the Popsicle my little dude.

I have no idea how long these damn things are going to take.  I'm sure it's going to feel like years and will be a great reminder of why one is a great idea.  I really don't understand how we haven't evolved past this.  I mean I get it, at some point in our lives we have to grow teeth.  On the other hand, do we really have to grow two sets?  You mean, he's going to grow all of these teeth only to have them fall out of his head...and then I have to give him a gift?

Where's my damn gift.  I tell you what, that "tooth fairy" better start leaving some Jack Daniels under my pillow really soon.


1 comment:

Dory Nordlinger said...

Awwww...I feel your pain. Or his pain. Somebody's pain...I hope those popscicles are booze infused. For booth of you. When I a child, crying, teething babies got whiskey rubbed on their gums. It seemed to work wonders.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails