Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Scary......

Yesterday daycare was closed so I was trying to think of something to do with my little peanut.  He's really into watching movies right now so I thought I would take him to a movie.  I had heard a lot of reviews about Wreck it Ralph so I thought we would give it a try.

When we entered the theater he was interested.  He sat on the seat eating his popcorn.  The first preview came on for an animated Christmas movie.  He sat on the seat eating his popcorn with his eyes wide with wonder.

The 2nd preview came on, he asked to sit in my lap.

The 3rd preview came on, he looked at me with fear in his eyes and said, "I don't want to see the movie."

Now, don't get me wrong, I knew this was possible going in.  I was prepared for him to make it through a bit of the movie and then be over it.  I was not prepared for him to ask to leave during the previews.  I was also not prepared for the previews they showed.

Preview number two was this:


Preview number three was this:


I'm not an anal mom.  I don't screen too much what my son watches, but at the same time I make an effort not to let him see things that might be scary.  Wreck it Ralph is PG.  It is animated.  Granted it is by Disney and so are the previews but I don't think that gives the theaters (or whoever makes these decisions) the right to not only put 30 minutes worth of previews, but also previews that are for different ratings.  Oz is NOT EVEN RATED YET.  The Hobbit is PG 13.  You put the ratings there to give parents a choice, but putting whatever preview you want is not a choice.  That witch hand at the end of Oz is enough to scare me and I LOVE SCARY.  I am the Queen of Scary!!

It's going to be a while till we try to go to the movies again and I think we'll go when the previews are over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails