Saturday, January 05, 2013

A year of goals.....

I really didn't want to start this year really thinking that I was going to make resolutions.  On the other hand I really felt like I wanted to make a list of goals and was inspired by Motley Mama and her 2012 Project.  So I decide to participate this year and break it up into monthly goals.

Here's what I plan on doing in 2013:

January
Write a snail mail letter to my grandmothers each week and include a photo of Leyton.  I'm REALLY bad at calling my gma's.  I'm even worse at writing them.  Each week this month I will send them a little letter saying hello and since they love Leyton might as well give them a cute photo too!

February
Complete a random act of kindness each day.  I've been working on a list of things I would like to do each day.

March
Attend a budget and debt class.  I've been doing some research to find one that looks good.

April
Swim or walk for an hour at least every....single....day!  I was going to go with swimming only but I know I will be out of town for a weekend so I'll have to walk then.

May
Eat family dinner together each night.  Since Leyton goes to bed early it is at times hard for us to all eat together.  I'm going to make it my mission to eat together each night this month.

June
No spending month.  Zilch, nada, nothing.  No Target dollar bin items, no special beverages, no clothes, no magazines.  You get it.  I can only spend money on groceries and my normal bills.

July
Knit every day.  This may be the same project, but every day I want to make time to knit..for at least 1 hour.

August
Read every day.  Same as above but pick up a book and read for at least one hour each day.

September
No Facebook.  I know this seems so silly but I do spend far too much time on there.  I can't give up Instagram because I use it to document photos of Leyton and I need a computer at work so being off the internet is not an option.  At least I can do Facebook though.

October
No playing on my phone while Leyton is around.  No checking emails, browsing Instagram, texting, etc.  I will still use it to take pictures and post those to Instagram but I will save all my internet/fun browsing for when Leyton is asleep.

November
Complete another two week detox/cleanse.

December
Give at least 75% handmade gifts for Christmas.

There you go!  There's my list!  Have you set any goals for yourself this year?

3 comments:

Nance said...

The new electronic cigarette is already a very popular item. Because of this, many different types have been created. This can be great because it offers many different options for all different types of people.
Electronic cigarettes
e-cigarettes
e-cigarette talk
reviews of electric cigarettes

Duffy said...

Im super behind on your blog, but wondering how these goals have been going or you so far this year! I especially like not touching cell phone while kids are around. For anything other than photos and important calls. I need to try that!!

Chintan said...

nice goals..!


Live project training in ahmedabad

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails